Sunday, August 5, 2007

Memorials and the Monument

I met the group in DC today, having left my car at the Quality Inn yesterday. We walked around the Tidal Basin and visited the Jefferson and FDR memorials. Then I went ahead to the Washington Monument because we were supposed to be there at 3:45. The group got there about 3:55 and everyone rode the elevator up to the top. Unfortunately, it was very hazy, but we could still see quite far.

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

On our way back to College Park, I managed to get my group on the wrong metro, but we eventually made it back to CP and had a quick meal at Plato's Diner. Then there was a thunderstorm! I drove eight students in 2 groups to CSPAC for a read-through of Brahms' German requiem. We found Richard Evanoff and his family there as well. They all left after the "rehearsal" part ended, but I stayed until 10 and sang with the group! It was awesome.

1 comment:

Hiromi said...

Hello, Nina!
This year's participants are staying the same hotel as last year and it means they probably enjoy making waffles?? I want to make it again! ^^

Anyway, it's nice to hear that everyone's ejoyed the program so far!